Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Don't Run Out of Fuel

Today, I had the pleasure of finding out halfway to my History lecture that my car was on the verge of running out of gas. It was too late to refill, as I had no money at the time, and I couldn't wait to get more. So I hoped everything would be okay, and in the end it was, but I could have had serious problems. I will have to be more vigilant so I don't have this problem again.

What does this have to do with raiding?

Let me translate.

"Today, I had the pleasure of finding out halfway though my Ulduar raid that my bar was on the verge of running out of Runic Power. It was too late to refill, as I had no runes at the time, and I couldn't wait to get more. So I hoped everything would be okay, and in the end it wasn't, but I got my face ripped off by Kologarn. I will have to be more vigilant so I don't have this problem again."

That actually happened once, back when Kologarn was a progression raid. I got two stacks of Crunch Armor while the other tank was being fisted. I went to hit good ol' Icebound and...

Not enough runic power

We wiped. I learned from it, and made sure to keep a bigger reserve of Runic Power. This usually isn't a problem unless things are already going horribly wrong anyway, but it's a lesson to keep in mind. Much more important is to avoid running out of runes. There are only a handfull of things worse than seeing the Right Arm turn to rubble, or a new mole machine release its contents only to realize you don't have enough blood runes to cast D&D. It can be slightly irritating, and the worst thing is knowing you could have prevented it by paying more attention and restraining yourself from hitting every button you have available.

No comments:

Post a Comment